Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Week 4/Thing 8

Okay, I have just got to pull myself away from this exercise and move on. I found this week's thing fascinating and spent lots of time on all the aggregators. I finally get what rss means and operates after having seen it forever, but never really taking advantage of it. Again, the amount of updated info is awesome and explains why I took so long sifting through all my interests. I began subscribing to a wide array of feeds, including my local newspaper, Office Depot , Library Journal just by subscribing to the rss on those sites. But I think the way to go is through an aggregator (I used Bloglines ad I loved its ease of use) and started clicking through the top 1000 feeds, but soon got sidetracked since I want to read everything. I set up a list of 6 feeds through Bloglines. But I also liked the Google Reader's news bundle and set up a few feeds through that . After reading the post about Sage, I'd like to get back to that and set it up later.

No comments: