Thursday, May 15, 2008

Week 11/Thing 22

This week helped me to understand how podcasts work and how they can be wonderful (and easy) for small libraries. I really liked what Springfield Library did with he Children's room podcasts. I was amazed to find so many library related help tools that did not seem that difficult to implement.
Finally, I checked over the podcast directories and selected 2 that interested me. I subscribed to Nancy Pearl's feed and also subscribed to Writer's Corner through my iTunes acct. I'd like to get my high school students to do a podcast on YA books and will look into it further--we need some basic equipment--but I think this would be popular. I love the optional assigment-- I don't have a mike but I'll borrow one someplace and come back to this in my blog after the course is over.

No comments: