Monday, March 31, 2008

Week 8/Thing 14




I've been hearing about his technology for a while and thought it was just a way to keep your leisure time favorites in order, but after seeing both videos and creating my own account, then using that ridiculously easy link to add to my blog here, I'm astonished at what a great tool this is for academic research and teaching. Keeping web resources organized has always been a struggle for me -- I'd have lists of favorites, stuff cut and pasted on word docs-- and no way to really get a handle on what I'd read.Luckily, I've learned how to use rss feeds to at least keep these resources current. I love the "folksonomy' aspect of tagging here, reminds me of using a thesaurus. I also did contrast a search on Stonehenge on del.icio.us with a search on Google. Very interesting. This is an amazing resource for a library to create and share sites on a topic as well as my number one tool in any kind of research project. I'm going to extol its virutes to my grad. shool daughter and college student son.

No comments: