Monday, April 28, 2008

Week 9/Thing 18

I've enjoyed leaning about how wikis work and how many types there are. That said, I spent a long time fooling around with them, linking my blog etc. and making mistakes of some sort. The most user friendly was Wetpaint. I added my link and may return to set up an account. I also liked PBWiki because of all the VT Librarian content and added my blog and something to the vacation spot pages, as well as adding a new page for favorite movies. The ease of doing all this is really incredible once you play around with it. My least favorite was Mediawiki -- and it seemed as though I should have created an account first. Just did not like the way it was set up. I also looked at Wikimatrix --it was useful.
I can see numerous ways for a library, school to use wikis for information, communications and others. I often look at comsumer information wikis to see how a product really works. When time allows, I plan to check out the other wikis listed on this thing.

No comments: