Monday, April 28, 2008

Week 10/Thing 20

I explored LinkedIn since my daughter at NYU Stern SChool of Businesss had mentioned it as a professional tool for job. I was a litle disappointed in it, but maybe libraries and non-profits are not that well represented here. I saw a blog post in SEOmoz that sort of echoed my findings " ... pondering the value and use of LinkedIn, the professional/business version of the social networking phenomenon. To date, I've connected with 30 or so folks through the service, but they're largely people I know from the industry. I've been introduced to one person through the service, but it was by way of a colleague and could easily have been done through email, too." I also looked at a number of other award winning nominees--especially those in books, web design, etc.

2007 Web 2.0 Awards Winner

No comments: